Emergency Medicine Jobs in California
Sunday · June 24, 2018
1 Job in The Golden State
Photo: San Francisco cityscape view from the bridge.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- The Physician interprets ECGs and selected radiographic tests.
- Flexible Spending Accounts including Health Care Flexible Spending Account that lowers enrolled employees' taxable income by reimbursing up to $4,000 per year of out-of-pocket medical, dental, and vision expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- The experience in Emergency, Internal Medicine of Family Practice includes skills such as, but not limited to, a wide range of medical duties specializing in all aspects of emergency care such as advanced examination, diagnosis, and treatment to ensure effectiveness of treatment covering a wide range of non-emergent and urgent conditions as well as life threatening emergencies in the Emergency Department.
- Long-Term Care Insurance offers comprehensive coverage if you become unable to care for yourself, and helps pay for nursing home care, assisted living facility care and other long-term care services.
- BE/BC Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physicians with Emergency Department experience may also be considered for this opportunity.
- Under the general direction of the Chief, Emergency Medicine, the Physician will provide care for patients requiring emergency services.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Retirement Benefits: Federal Retirement Plan - A Three-Tiered Retirement Plan composed of Social Security benefits, Federal Employee Retirement System (Fers) basic benefits (defined benefit plan) and the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) benefits (defined contribution plan) with up to 5 percent matching contributions.
- 13 day of sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation.
- The VA Loma Linda Healthcare System (Vallhs), Loma Linda California, is recruiting to fill two Board Certified (BC) / Board Eligible (BE) Emergency Medicine Residency Trained Physicians.
- Disability Retirement allows employees, who becomes disabled and have at least 18 months of service, entitlement to long-term disability benefits.
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD or DO).
- Paid Time Off: 26 days of paid annual vacation/personal leave - accrues & can be used immediately.
- Initiates consults as well as referrals after discharge from the Emergency Department, and prescribes medications/supplies in accordance with VA policy and VA formulary and State regulations.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: emergent intake, patient assessment, patient history, physical examinations, ordering diagnostic and therapeutic tests/studies, emergent resuscitation, and management of difficult airways.
- Taker Your Physician Career To The Next Level - Join Our VA Healthcare Team In Loma Linda California.
- Flexible Retirement Plan allows employees to earn (vesting) eligibility for monthly retirement benefits (Pension Plan - Defined Benefits Plan) in the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers) after just 5 years of Federal Service.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the United States.
- Range of expected annual salary range will be $277,000 to $295,000 and may include additional Recruitment and/or Relocation Incentive, and an Educational Loan Reimbursement Award under the provisions of the Educational Debt Reduction Program (Edrp) for well-qualified candidate.
- The Physician is responsible for participating in the day-to-day clinical and administrative activities of the Emergency Medicine section.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine (with Emergency Department experience), Board certified in Family Practice (with Emergency Department experience) is highly preferred.
- Performs invasive procedures for which incumbent is credentialed.
- Completion of residency training in an accredited core specialty training program leading to Board Eligibility (BE) or Board Certification (BC) in Emergency Medicine, or alternately, Family Medicine or Internal Medicine with Emergency Department Experience.
- Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance (Fegli) offers variety of affordable coverage and benefits amounts, with the VA paying one-third of the cost of basic life insurance coverage.
- Insurance Benefits: Outstanding number of health insurance plans to select from that meet employee and family health, vision and dental needs, with health insurance plans premiums partially paid by the Federal Government.
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Loma Linda, CA.
- Additionally, it is highly preferred that the candidate be ultrasound credentialed in compliance with the American Board of Emergency Medicine.
- Searching For Energetic and Talented BC/BE Emergency Medicine (BC/BE Family or Internal Medicine Also Considered With ED Experience).
- Located in the "Inland Empire", Loma Linda is adjacent to the mountains, skiing, hiking, and camping, yet close enough to a diverse array of cultural, entertainment and natural beauty that is Southern California -- Los Angeles, Long Beach and San Diego are all just a short drive where you can enjoy cultural events, great food, amusement parks, museums, aquariums, great dining, sporting events and of course, the beautiful coast, beaches and Pacific Ocean just a 50-minute drive away.
- Loma Linda California is a wonderful place to live and work.
- Preferred Experience: A highly preferred candidate must possess at least 4 years of experience in the specialty of Emergency, Internal Medicine, or Family Practice.
- 15 days leave per year allowed for Military Reservists & National Guard Members.
- Liability protection against alleged malpractice or negligence resulting in performance of duties.
- Flexible Spending Accounts available to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plans.
- Financial Benefits: Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) allows employees to build up their retirement nest egg through a program that is the Government's version of the private sector's 401(k) Plan, where contributions are made from pre-tax dollars and both investments and earnings are tax deferred until withdrawn, and with the Government automatically contributing 1 percent of your salary with additional matching contributions up to a total of 5 percent.
- Competitive Salary, Professional Growth and Development, Security and Satisfaction and Favorable Work/Life/Family Balance.
- Salary, Compensation and Incentives: Salary and compensation offer will be determined by a VA Physician Compensation Panel review process, and approval by the Medical Center Director, based on Physician's qualifications, credentials and experience.
- Work Schedule: Will be discussed during interview, and includes Full-Time with expectations for Weekday and Weekend Shifts to include Federal and Non-Federal Holidays.
- With a small-town atmosphere, Loma Linda is known for friendly people and great schools.
This perm job opening was posted
4 weeks ago